For maximum electricity output and to extend the life of your solar panels for as long as possible, follow these solar panel maintenance tips:
- Keep your panels clear of debris, dust, dirt and pollen with a regular hosing down.
- Get a professional maintenance check every year.
- Get your panels installed by a reputable provider in the first place, so you can rest assured that they will fix any (unlikely) issues that do come up.
- Ensure your panels are not placed beneath any branches or heavy objects that could fall in stormy weather.
- Regularly check that your panels do not have birds or rodents nesting underneath, as this can damage the wiring and roof attachments.